Cindy's Snowflakes

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I still dont have pictures up here for you to look at, but they are on my facebook account. Hope everyone is going to be having a face and Godly New Year. This whole "resolution" thing I am not so sure about. How many of us have actually ever kept a resolution? For the WHOLE year? I always believe that you should try to better yourself in many ways, but putting an actual label on it and only doing it one time a year feels very superficial to me. Thats no different than only being thankful for the blessing the Lord provides at Thanksgiving time.
There are certain things in my life that I am going to try to improve about myself. As a Christian, wife, and as a person in whole. I am going to try to not be angry at those who treat me bad, and I am going to try not to gossip about them if I DO get angry. I am going to be a better daughter to our Heavenly Father and trust in Him to supply my every need. To cry on His lap when I need to. To ask Him for a hug when I need one (thank you Katie). I am going to be the best wife I can to my husband and put my trust in him. And I am going to REALLY work on my health.
The fact that this is happening right at the beginning of the year doesnt really matter. These things have been heavy on my heart for quite some time now. Wednesday nights message was kind of the topper on the cake and I just decided to do what I know I should have been doing all along.
If you are into the whole New Years resolution thing, thats fine. Take that opportunity to examine yourself and see how you can better yourself for the Lord. In doing so, you will not just have a better spiritual life, but you will find that it will spill over into other aspects of your life, such as your marriage, your friendships, and even those pesky people that just seem to annoy you so...lol. Happy New Years everyone!!!! May God bless you and your family!

1 comment:

Snow